Monday, September 12, 2011

True Blood - Aaaaaaay!

Dear True Blood,

I like you. I think it's cool you're vampy and campy. I dig the gay/anti-social metaphor stuff. I don't mind that everyone is hyper attractive, or that you're a bit over the top and 'fantastic'. (Well, to be honest, you're more than a little over the top.) I think your opening credit sequence is one on the best on TV - it's badass. I like Bon Temps. I like your peeps. I think you're a lot of fun.

But, um, this was a terrible season with everyone trying on everyone else. It was almost like you ran out of ideas. (Or blew your budget.) Acting-wise, it could have been a lot more interesting. Story-wise, it was just dull.

And then the finale... awful. There was about an hour of nothing that went nowhere, and then some mediocre stuff in the last minute. When I deleted it off my DVR, I couldn't help but think that I may not see you again.

Please don't be mad. Let me explain. You're familiar with jumping the shark, right? Of course you are - you being all pop culture savvy and everything. Well, I can't say that you actually jumped it. It's more like you gutted it, overcooked it, and served it up on a paper plate. I don't know that I can take another bite.

I feel like I've invested a lot of time with you. I told my friends about you. I 'liked' you on the Facebook. And each season I have looked forward to seeing you. But with this last 'season of the witch', I think you've lost me.

If we see each other, cool. But if not, let's not make it a thing, ok?

Take care.



No comments:

Post a Comment