Friday, September 9, 2011

Breaking Bad is Freaking Awesome

Breaking Bad is the BOMB, yo!

I knew there was a show that started with the letter B that I was supposed to watch. I had it narrowed down to Breaking Bad or Burn Notice. A few weekends ago I was home visiting my folks and they said, "You want to watch Burn Notice?"

Ok, sure.

So I watched it with them.

I love my parents. I really do. But I don't live at home, and can't supervise them. Whatever they want to do with their DVR is up to them. If they want to fill it up with LA Law, golf, and WWII specials - they are free to do so. So I'm not saying Burn Notice sucked, but it was a lot like the A Team, only more like the C Team.

Weak.

So I Netflixed the dvds of Breaking Bad when I got home and within the first two minutes I was like, Ahhhh, THIS is the show. My wife and I devoured the first season. Now we're closing in on the end of Season 2. It is SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.

It gives me Battlestar Gallactica pause, in which I keep thinking, how did I not know this was on? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Oh, right. It's about a science teacher who finds out he only has a few months to live - lung cancer. So he befriends a former student/current drug dealer and makes some pharmaceutical grade meth and gets caught up in the drug world. It's sort of like Walter Mitty meets Tony Montana. Actually, it is like that. Walt starts to shed his old life, and breaks bad.

Two words, people. Brill yent.

(Geek alert - it's now available to stream on the Netflix.)
(Geek alert - this is the site featured in the story in season 2. What's cool is that it goes to the Nat'l cancer coalition. Nice.)


Breaking Bad AMC

No comments:

Post a Comment