Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Falling Skies Fucking Sucked

What a shiny wet turd this was. Amazingly awful! Should have been called Falling Crap.

I started watching because Spielberg had his name attached. Noah Wiley, I could care less. But Spielberg - this was going to be good. It was going to have aliens and mindblowing special effects. It was going to have a good story and decent writing. It was going to have good characters, funny one-liners, and it was going to have a heart.

Um, no.

First of all it starts somewhere in the middle. In the first two minutes of the show there is this montage of children's drawings showing/telling about the alien invasion. That's the whole set up. If you missed this, or thought it was just some crappy title sequence, you needed to go back - because what the fuck are we doing here, now?!

Seriously, WTF?!

So, bam, we're six months later with a band of survivors. Most of the world is dead. Ok, fine. I'll accept that. It's a bit off putting, not knowing the how, why, and what the fuck happened, but ok, this is going to be a story of survival. Fine. Bring it on.

Actually, you know what, this is a waste of time. I am not going to review/wrap up this lump of shit. I watched the whole fucking season because I'm a hopeful person who gives people (and tv shows apparently) the benefit of the doubt. I kept thinking, ok, something is going to happen, there's going to be an awesome twist and this thing is going to fucking rock!

IT SUCKED ASS! IT WAS A DUMB DUMB DUMB STUPID DUMB BAG OF DUMB!

I LOST HOURS OF MY LIFE ON THIS SHITTY SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT!

FUCK YOU, TNT!

FUCK YOU, STEVEN SPIELBERG!

Sorry.

I was shouting.

Didn't mean to shout. Just got carried away.

Falling Skies is awful.

Awful.

UPDATE (7.27.12):

So somehow FS got another season because I saw it was on. Damnit. Fuck. Ok, but not with commercials. No fucking way. I DVR'd it to watch later, and blew past the commercial. Even cut into the story, I didn't care. I just wanted to see if it was going to do something different, something good. I kept thinking, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm a dumbass. Well, I'm a dumbass and it's still a steaming pile of shit.





No comments:

Post a Comment