Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of 2013



These are my top 5's, because ain't nobody got time for 10...

My top 5 albums
Jonathan Wilson, Fanfare
Matthew E White, Big Inner
Jake Bugg, Jake Bugg
Kanye West, Yeezus *
Foxygen, We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors Of Peace & Magic

My top 5 TV shows
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Top of the lake / Broadchurch / Luther (3 way tie)
Sesame Street
Minnie's Bow-Toons

My top 5 movies I wanted to see
Gravity / Inside Llewyn Davis (tie)
Nebraska / American Hustle (tie)
Enough Said
Captain Phillips / Saving Mr Banks (tie - anything with Forrest Gump)
Wolf of Wall Street / Blue Jasmine

My top 5 books
Hey Little Baby
Angelina at the Palace
Purplicious
Bella's Rules
I am a Bunny

My top 5 read later newsfeeders
Esquire
Salon / Slate / Huffington Post (3 way tie)
Fast Company
Raw Story / New York Times (tie)
9Gag

My top 5 days
Saturday
Sunday
Friday
Thursday
Tuesday

My top 5 parking levels
4 / 3 (tie)
7
5 (note - stairwell always smells like urine)
9
10

My top 5 beverages
Lemonade **
Dr Brown's Cel-Ray
Water
Pomegranate soda
Cranberry juice

My top 5 meats
Bone-in Ribeye
Skirt Steak / Turkey [from Tgiving] (tie)
Jerky (note to self - check Publican - apparently it's smoked unicorn)
Hamburger
Chicken (dark meat only)

My top 5 cheeses
Manchego
Mexican blend (shredded)
Pepper Jack
American Idol / The Voice (tie)
Comté

My top 5 condiments
Victor Mazzeo's Giardiniera ***
Hot sauce (anything that includes sriracha or ass somewhere on the label)
Mustard
BBQ sauce (anything Rufus Teague)
Salt

My top 5 butters
Sunflower
Almond
Peanut
Salted
Unsalted

My top 5 vegetables
Kale
Carrot / Chicken (tie)
Mushroom
Celery
Onion (red)

My top 5 fruits
Grape
Apple - Granny Smith / Pine (tie)
Pomegranate
Mango
Banana


BONUS:

My top yoga pose
Corpse

My top frozen pizza brand
Home Run Inn

My top pope
Pope Francis Awesomesauce


* KW could very well be the new Andy Kaufman brilliantly goofing on all of us, but he's probably just a dbag. Regardless, he put together a pretty great album.

** Don't know what the deal is with lemonade, but before the week ends Pam and I ALWAYS find ourselves saying, "Man, we should have got another carton."

*** But it eats like a meal. It's the bomb, y'all!

(Full disclosure: About the books, these are the ones I read over and over and over the most...)

FYI: Orange is the New Black will undoubtedly be on people's top TV lists. I have no idea why, other than why?

No comments:

Post a Comment