Monday, April 8, 2013

Open Letter To Kris Collins



Dude,

Your decim8 app is GR8!

Not sure when/where I first became aware of it, but your description on iTunes says it all - FILM IS DEAD.

Testify!

I love that where ALL OTHER apps make your pictures look like they're from the turn of the century, your app makes them look like they're from the turn of THIS century.

BRILL!

I dig how you make my mundane photos look like art (see below). I dig how you've made mobile photography relevant (there are only so many shots of buildings and food you can take). And I dig all the random quotes that pop up.

I usually w8 to get an app when it becomes free, but when I saw you had a new app - satur8 - I downloaded it immediately. It's cool. I haven't spent enough time with it, but it's definitely cool. I dig the UI.

I look forward to:

coll8 - a blending app
pred8 - a supercool app that makes an image look old
anim8 - an app that turns an image cartoon-like, or an app that cre8s gifs
collabor8 - some sort of app that allows people to easily edit an image together
degener8 - an app that turns an image into 8 bit
reticul8 - some sort of app that cre8s an analog destruction of an image
masturb8 - an app that adds boobs ;-)

I have two suggestions for decim8: 1) to crop an image before you start 2) to rot8 an image before you apply an effect again.

I have one suggestion for satur8: 1) to have a randomize button.

Please keep up the awesome work!

(Full Disclosure: Not sure why the open letter and not just an email, but I got a like on the above photo from movax this past weekend which made me happy and I guess inspired a web shout out.)






No comments:

Post a Comment